Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Birthday Post: Jessie Ware's 'Wildest Moments' + 'What You Won't Do For Love'

God, I'm falling in love with this London native. Jessie Ware is a breath of fresh air. She doesn't try to conform with what's going on in the music industry. She just does her own thing + her talent shines. On her current single, 'Wildest Moments,' Jessie Ware gets deep. She picks apart a troubled, but passionate relationship. She tears her heart out + shows the world her vulnerability. I'm going to stop right here, so I don't give away the whole song. It's incredible! "From the outside, everyone must be wondering why we try."

I found another fantastic tune by Jessie Ware, a few days ago. It's called 'What You Won't Do For Love.' This girl, surely has soul. She seamlessly mixes together R&B, soul, jazz + indie/alternative styles. In it's own way, the track reminds me of some Janet Jackson songs from the 90s-2000s. Take a listen. Jessie Ware is the future of music.

A bonus track that I wanted to throw in is by Chester French. The last song off their latest album, Music 4 Tngrs, is special. D.A. breaks down a track, 'Interesting Times,' + sings is acoustically. It's the most vulnerable I have ever heard Chester French. It starts off with the line, "I can't believe I'm goin' to die one day." I know, it's pretty deep. This song makes me think. It started playing, while I was in a hotel room, a few weeks ago. I stopped everything I was doing + was lost in a trance. I couldn't stop listening to every word he was singing. Let me know what you think of this tune.

Jessie Ware - Wildest Moments

Jessie Ware - What You Won't Do For Love

Chester French - Interesting Times (Acoustic)

No comments:

Post a Comment