Monday, July 9, 2012

AlunaGeorge = Greatness With Their 'Just a Touch' Video + More


AlunaGeorge is one of the hottest new bands I've heard all year. They have their own unique sound. Aluna Francis is the band's singer with the jazzy, soulful vocals. George Reid is the one responsible for all the music + experimental electronic sounds. The combination of the two is wonderfully intense.

One of their current singles, 'Just a Touch' is incredible. The lyrics are to die for. Aluna starts the song off with "I'm not hard as a rock. I'm just not easy to break, but don't take it as an open invitation to try." Amazing, right? Remember, 'It's Just a Touch.'

Their biggest single yet is 'You Know I Like It.' It's the first track that I heard from them. It's massive. They even started playing it on the BBC Radio 1. This will most likely be a hit. The original's great, but I also found a fantastic remix done by Bobby Tank. He takes the creative original + expands it even further, into a land of great imagination. I know you probably don't know what I'm talking about, so take a listen. You will understand. "You know you like it, but it drives you insane."

I have one more tune by AlunaGeorge to share with you. It's called 'Put Up Your Hands.' Aluna is telling a story. Someone is sending her E-mails + is really trying to win her over. Her answer is that the ship has sailed + she tells him/her to work it out. It's an interesting tale. It's well done. Take a listen. I know you're curious.

AlunaGeorge - Just a Touch

AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It

AlunaGeorge - You Know You Like It (Bobby Tank Remix)

AlunaGeorge - Put Up Your Hands

No comments:

Post a Comment