
Two of the biggest names in dubstep: Skrillex + Nero. Skrillex remixed Nero + Sub Focus' 'Promises.' The original was the #1 song in the UK last week. The remix is intense. It starts off nice + sweet, then goes into Skrillex' murdering of the song (in all good ways). It's gonna be/already is a dubstep anthem.
Skrillex teamed up with Bare Noize + Foreign Beggers to create 'Scatta.' Foreign Beggers are the Brittish rappers that were on the 'Badman Riddim' remix with Vato Gonzales. What a tune that is. This is quite different. Skrillex is insanely creative and uses dark + heavy sounds in his music. When 'Scatta' breaks down, it does so in a Halloween-ish way. I love horror sounds + it works so well with Skrillex.
Nero's 'Crush On You' is an awesome dubstep tune. The Knife Party remix is even better. It takes the dubstep elements that you love from the original, makes them more hardcore, + adds sounds that sound like they come straight out an 80's movie.
'Kill Everybody!' What more is there to say? I told you Skrillex went dark. He takes electronic music + dubstep, + turn it into a serial killer anthem. Well, I hope not, but I do love the intensity of the song. Make your own opinions on this one.
Nero + Sub Focus - Promises (Skrillex Remix)
Skrillex + Bare Noize + Foreign Beggers - Scatta
Nero - Crush On You (Knife Party Remix)
Skrillex - Kill Everybody
No comments:
Post a Comment